Bawah Reserve opened to great acclaim in 2017, a shining example of beauty, sustainability and holiday relaxation. The Reserve’s Aura Spa is one of many things guests love, and while we can’t get to experience the spa on site, the spa’s manager, Emelda Drapiana, has shared some fabulous recipes for the body, face and hair so that we can all enjoy a spa day without leaving the house.
For the body
Coffee Scrub from Bawah Reserve
• 4 tbsp coffee grounds
• 2 tbsp milk powder
• 100 ml virgin coconut oil
1. Combine all ingredients and stir well.
2. Apply to your whole body using circular motions, paying attention to drier areas such
as the elbows, knees and feet.
For the face
Lemon Face Mask from Bawah Reserve
1. Whisk the egg white until fluffy.
2. Slowly add in the lemon juice.
3. Apply to face avoiding the eye area; leave for 30 minutes.
For The Hair
Hair Mask for dry hair from Bawah Reserve
• 2 tbsp avocado, mashed
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 2 tbsp honey
1. Blend the oil and honey together, then slowly mix in the mashed avocado.
2. Apply to dry hair, massaging it into the roots and ends; comb it through for better
3. Leave for a maximum of 20 minutes – either loose or wrapped in a towel.
4. Rinse, then shampoo and condition hair as normal.
About Bawah Reserve
Shut your eyes and imagine six islands, with three turquoise lagoons and 13 pristine beaches. This is where you will find Bawah Reserve, which sits 300 kms northeast of Singapore in Indonesia’s Anambas Archipelago. The resort is in a marine conservation area and caters for lovers of the outdoors with a hefty dose of relaxation and indulgence through in. It is all about sustainable luxury.
For more information and to start planning your visit in 2021, click here.