https://i2.wp.com/thefinerthingsintravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Lake-House-Restaurant.jpg?fit=1020%2C680&ssl=1 680 1020 Helen Hayes https://thefinerthingsintravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/The-Finer-Things-in-Travel-Logo.png Helen Hayes2016-02-17 06:40:512016-02-17 06:45:02Lake House Cooking School
The Lake House Daylesford continues to influence future cooks with its Cooking School purpose-built to allow guests to learn from some of Australia’s best and most influential chefs and producers.
The calendar of classes and demonstrations boasts rich and intimate culinary experiences. Sign up for three-hour cooking classes hosted by Lake House’s Executive Chef Alla Wolf Tasker and Head Chef David Green or full-day seasonal masterclass’ hosted by an array of Australia’s best chefs such as Ross Lusted, James Viles, Lennox Hastie and Frank Camorra, and chef and producer workshops with presentations by visiting chefs, cooks, producers and farmers.
The classes and workshops are also ideal for professional team building, conferences and retreats, and can be combined with overnight and weekend escape packages.
The Regional Producers Day on Sunday April 17 is a celebration of Daylesford Macedon Ranges Produce and Harvest, with market stalls in the gardens and orchard, cooking demonstrations in The Cooking School kitchen, wine tastings, live country music and lunch all day. The day will feature producers such as Sher Wagyu, Tuki Trout Farm, Holy Goat Dairy, Curly Flat wines and Heathcote Yabbies.
The Cooking School Calendar 2016:
- April 17 – Regional Producers Day
- May 1 – Autumn Masterclass with Ross Lusted (The Bridge Room), Scott Pickett (Estelle Bistro) and Mitch Orr (ACME)
- May 29 – Autumn Cooking Class with Lake House Chefs
- June 19 – Winter Masterclass with James Viles (Biota Dining), Clayton Wells (Automata) and Paul Carmichael (Momofuku Seiobo)
- July 17 – Winter Cooking Class with Lake House Chefs
- August 7 – Words in Winter Festival with Adriano Zumbo (Zumbo Patisserie) and Melissa Leong (Fooderati)
- September 4 – Spring Masterclass with Victor Liong (Lee Ho Fook), Andrew Harmer (The Point) and Lennox Hastie (Firedoor)
- October 2 – Spring Cooking Class with Lake House Chefs
- October 23 – Swiss Italian Fiesta with Rosa Mitchell (Rosa’s Kitchen) and Johnny Di Francesco (400 Gradi)
- November 6 – The Art of Fermentation with Sharon Flynn (The Fermentary)
- December 4 – Summer Masterclass with Matt Lindsay (Ester), Ryan Squires (Esquire) and Frank Camorra (MoVida)